GetYoSpace connects property owners who wish to rent a property or a section of their property for artistes or groups to connect and collaborate. In short—to build a world where spaces can be democratized for work/hobby/passion on a short-term basis.
A fundamental part of earning that trust means being clear about how we use your information and protect your human right to privacy.
1. Personal Information we collect
- Information needed to use the GetYoSpace Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you register or login to the GetYoSpace website. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact Information, Account, Proﬁle Information. Such as your ﬁrst name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and proﬁle photo, some of which will depend on the features you
- Identity Veriﬁcation and Payment Information. Such as images of your government issued ID (as per booking requirement), your ID number or other veriﬁcation information.
1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter
- Other Information. Such as when you ﬁll in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
1.3 Information Automatically Collected by Using the GetYoSpace Platform
When you use the GetYoSpace Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the GetYoSpace Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the GetYoSpace Platform We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an GetYoSpace account or logged
- Payment Transaction Information. With the activate online payment mechanisms, all the transaction details required for the payment shall be collected, via our third party payment platform, (Razor pay).
1.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:.
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the GetYoSpace Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and proﬁle information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity veriﬁcation service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the GetYoSpace Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to health information related to contagious diseases.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the GetYoSpace Platform. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the GetYoSpace Platform and make bookings,
- enable you to communicate with Hosts,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notiﬁcations,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information such as your friends or co-artistes, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your trip details and facilitate trip planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the GetYoSpace Platform, your search and booking history, your proﬁle information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- study and combat discrimination,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Guests, Hosts, Hosts’ employees and members of the public,
- resolve disputes and enforce our agreements,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct proﬁling based on your interactions with the GetYoSpace Platform, your proﬁle information and other content you submit to GetYoSpace, and information obtained from third In limited cases, automated processes could restrict or suspend access to the GetYoSpace Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to GetYoSpace, our community, or third parties. If you would like to challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
- Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by GetYoSpace or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant
3. Sharing & Disclosure
- Sharing With Your Consent or at Your
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your GetYoSpace account or participating in promotional activities by GetYoSpace partners or third parties.
Where permissible with applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traﬃc to GetYoSpace or otherwise promote our products and services.
3.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
- When a booking request is made or dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between Guest(s) and Host(s), including proﬁle, name, names of any additional Guests, cancellation history, review information, age of guest (unless prohibited by applicable law), dispute outcome (when applicable) and other information you choose to share and When a booking is conﬁrmed, additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the trip, like proﬁle photo and phone number. When you as a Host have a conﬁrmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest (and the additional Guests they invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your proﬁle, full name, phone number, and Listing address.
- When you as a Host invite another Member to host with you, you authorize that person to access and update your information and Member Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, calendar, Listing information, Listing photos, and email address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Host name, Listing details, the Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional
3.3 Information You Publish in Proﬁles, Listings, and other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public proﬁle page, which includes your proﬁle photo, ﬁrst name, description, and
- Listing pages that include information such as the Ambience’s approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, proﬁle photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to
- Reviews, ratings and other public
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media
We may display parts of your public proﬁle and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms and apps.
Information you share publicly on the GetYoSpace Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines.
3.4 Host Service Providers.
Hosts/ owners may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the GetYoSpace Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third-party service providers.
3.5 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting our Rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or
public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with a valid legal
request or to respond to claims asserted against GetYoSpace, (iii) to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability (iv) to enforce and administer our agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal
safety of GetYoSpace, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For
example, if permitted due to the foregoing circumstances, Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective,
create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to GetYoSpace, our Members, or expose GetYoSpace to a claim of obstruction of justice.
3.6 Service Providers:
We share personal information with aﬃliated and unaﬃliated service providers to help us run our business, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identiﬁcation documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the GetYoSpace Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs). These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4. Other Important Information
- Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the GetYoSpace Platform for reasons outlined in the “How We Use Information We Collect” section of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
4.2 Third-Party Partners & Integrations
5. Your Rights
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law.
5.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your GetYoSpace Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
5.2 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
5.3 Data Erasure.
In certain jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate
business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an GetYoSpace Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that GetYoSpace Account to prevent that Member from opening a new GetYoSpace Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) will continue to be publicly visible on GetYoSpace, even after your Account is However, attribution of such information to you will be removed.
Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identiﬁers.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
8. Contact Information and Responsible GetYoSpace Entities
personal information please use the contact information provided on the website.